The McAllen pro bono attorneys of Atlas, Hall & Rodriguez L.L.P. provide countless hours of legal support to non-profit and charitable organizations, including advising them on gifts and bequests, real estate purchases and leases, contracting and procurement, and employment law issues.
Our firm is and has always been committed to pro bono and community service work. The activities in which our lawyers and personnel are engaged in show our commitment to providing legal services to those who cannot afford such services, and also to the community in which we live and work.
Samples of some of the pro bono and public service projects we are or have been involved with recently are:
South Texas Pro Bono Project – The firm’s attorneys regularly handle cases for clients that are referred by the Pro Bono Project.
The Museum of South Texas History – This regional historical museum is a regional gem and features archives and exhibits that are as good as any for the subject they cover. The firm has for years provided free legal services to the museum, including during its recent multi-million dollar expansion project. Moreover, firm partners have been active members of the museum, including one who recently served as chair.
- The International Museum of Art and Science – The firm annually provides free legal services to the region’s only true art and science museum. The firm has been actively involved with the museum for decades, including several lawyers (or their spouses) who have served on the museum’s board of directors.
- Easter Seals – The firm has served as counsel for Easter Seal of the Rio Grande Valley for many years. Easter Seals serves the Valley’s population of children with special needs and their families.
- Vannie E. Cook Cancer Center – The Valley’s original cancer clinic – now assists predominantly low income families with obtaining diagnostic services and treatment through a partnership with Baylor University Medical Center and Texas Children’s Hospital. Several firm lawyers have served on the Center’s board of directors and the firm has provided the Center free legal services for decades.
- STARS – This local charity has raised millions of dollars over the last decade, which has been awarded to deserving local students in the form of college scholarships. STARS was formerly the Rio Grande Valley Chapter of the Hispanic College Scholarship Fund. The firm has participated in donating to the charity and has provided legal services to its local organizers for years. We are proud that one of our partners is a founding board member of STARS.
- Habitat for Humanity – The firm annually provides free legal services to this charity, which offers a way for families to become homeowners when it would otherwise be financially impossible for them to do so.
- Casa Amparo – For the last several years, the firm’s employees have raised money around Christmas and, with the donated funds, purchases needed goods for a home for orphans in Reynosa, Mexico (a nearby Mexican border town).
The McAllen pro bono attorneys of Atlas, Hall & Rodriguez understand the importance of giving back to their community and they want to provide you with only the most dependable and professional service available. For pro bono legal assistance in the Rio Grande Valley you can trust, contact Atlas, Hall & Rodriguez L.L.P. in McAllen by calling 956-682-5501, or at email@example.com.